The State of Nevada endeavors to be responsible when gathering personal information and tries to protect your privacy.
This privacy statement is applicable to the NITRO Web Site and its internal pages. The NITRO Web Site home page is located at http://nitro.nv.gov. In order to understand privacy issues related to links please pay careful attention to the information on links referenced below.
This Privacy Statement is not a contract and does not create any legal rights. The State of Nevada reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time and will notify users of any material changes by updating the statement here and by including an "UPDATED" for 30 days after any material changes are made.
The "NITRO Web Site", whose home page is located at http://nitro.nv.gov, is owned and operated by:
State of Nevada
Governor's Office of Economic Development
808 West Nye Lane
Carson City, Nevada 89703
Telephone: (775) 687-9900 Fax: (775) 687-9925
If you have question or concerns about matters related to this Web Site please contact:
The Governor's Office of Economic Development at (775) 687-9900
How We Collect Information
In order to facilitate your application or registration for NITRO programs, we collect and maintain personal information about you. The Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED) collects your company and contact information from many sources to understand and meet your needs. We may collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you voluntarily provide us with information;
- Your browser, when you visit our Web Site and your browser interacts with us;
- Your interaction with any of the organizations associated with NITRO;
- Other sources, in connection with providing you NITRO program services.
The personal information we collect about you through these various sources may include, but is not limited to:
- Name, addresses and telephone numbers;
- Email addresses, fax numbers and pager numbers;
- Transactional and online activity data pertaining to your application or request for NITRO services;
- Personal/Company information provided via survey, consultation, interview, seminars, or other Outreach or data gathering efforts;
- Personal/Company information provided to NITRO representatives to research and resolve questions;
- Employer and/or other corporate affiliation (i.e. employer name, title, address and contact information).
Purposes for Which Data is Received
To obtain information needed to process requests for NITRO programs and services.
Purposes for Which Data is Processed
- To determine eligibility for programs and services;
- To assess company applications and award Market Entry Program grants;
- To provide information necessary to respond to an audit, federal or other, of NITRO programs and services;
- To provide needed data for internal program tracking;
- To allow customer review of claim status;
- To determine performance results;
- Collect needed aggregate data for federally mandated reports of results and disbursements.
Ways in Which Data may be Disclosed to a Third Party
Information will be disclosed to authorized third parties in the following manner:
- Company sales and marketing expense information will be supplied as part of an aggregate total and not identifiable by specific company;
- Company contact and product information will be supplied as described by you;
- Disclosure of information required to respond to an audit, federal or other, of NITRO programs and services;
- Disclosure of information required by law such as the Open Meeting Law or the federal Freedom of Information Act.
Right of Access
To obtain a copy of your personal data you need to follow the instructions below:
Contact the Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED) at (775) 687-9900
Links to Other Sites
The NITRO Web Site may provide hyperlinks or references to other web sites. While the State of Nevada endeavors to provide links only to web sites that are reputable and safe, we take no responsibility for the information, products, or services obtained on such other web sites and will not be liable for any damages arising from your access to such web sites. NITRO provides any such links to other web sites merely for your convenience and our inclusion of such links and frames in the NITRO Web Site does not imply an endorsement of the linked or framed web sites, their content, or the persons or entities operating those web sites. Therefore, you assume sole responsibility for using links or pointers to third parties.
The State of Nevada specifically denies you permission to hyperlink or provide references to the NITRO Web Site, unless you are allowed to do so under permission from the Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED). You are also denied permission to use any trademarked or copyrighted material to provide such hyperlinks or references, unless you are allowed to do so under permission from the Office of Economic Development. The State of Nevada bears no responsibility for web sites that provide hyperlinks or references to the NITRO Web Site unless those web sites are operated by the Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED).